COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Massage Essentials
Massage Essentials is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all customers. To ensure that, I have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan that follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines, federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and Minnesota Executive Order 20-48. I ask that you take the time to thoroughly read through the plan. My goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in my office and throughout our community and that requires full cooperation among myself and my customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of each other. I ask that you comply with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. For my safety and yours, I reserve the right to cancel your appointment without notice if you choose not to comply.
The plan will address:
- hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- controls for social distancing
- housekeeping, including cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination
- prompt identification and isolation of sick persons
- transparent communication between myself and my clients
First off, I encourage you to continue to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Current signs & symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Red eyes, rash and severe diarrhea have been noted in children
- Not everyone with COVID-19 has all these symptoms, and some people may not have any symptoms.
The following procedures are being implemented to assess clients prior to entering my office.
- Please call me at 507.664.9303 if you or any family member residing with you are sick or experiencing symptoms. I will cancel your appointment. No fee will be charged for appointments canceled in less than 24 hours.
- Before entering, you will be screened for symptoms. When you receive your reminder text/email, please click on the link to confirm your appointment and attest you are symptom free. You must do this before every visit. I would greatly appreciate you taking your temperature before leaving for your appointment as well. I know it sounds silly, but we have a lot of symptomless people walking around. I plan to take mine too.
Basic infection prevention measures are always implemented at Massage Essentials. Upon entering, I ask that you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. I will also wash my hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before starting your massage. For your convenience, I will also place hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) in my office that can be used for hand hygiene at any time.
- Everyone will always be REQUIRED to wear a manufactured or homemade cloth mask before entering and during your massage. There will be no exceptions!
- Please, please, please cover your mouth & nose with a Kleenex if you need to cough or sneeze.
- I will have you dispose of Kleenex in the trash and wash or sanitize your hands immediately afterward.
- Avoid touching your face, in particular your mouth, nose and eyes, with your hands during your massage.
- I’ve installed a HEPPA filter in my office to decrease the number of aerosolized contaminants in the air.
Social distancing will be implemented to the best of my ability. Obviously, massage requires touching which makes it impossible to stand six feet apart during your session. In an attempt to minimize contact with others:
- I am increasing the time between client appointments to 30 minutes. Please be on time for your appointment. If you get here early,please wait in the seating area on the 2nd floor outside my office. This will help minimize interactions with others.
- I will also no longer be able to work past your scheduled appointment time. This will allow me the appropriate amount of time to change sheets and clean and sanitize my office before the next client arrives.
- Also, as much as I want to catch-up with everyone, I ask that you not linger too long before or after your appointment. This will be hardest for me as I love to hear about everything going on in your lives. Feel free to call me anytime or email me if you want to chat! A big thank you to those who are already doing that!
- I am not performing TMJ work in the mouth at this time.
- Finally, I ask that you leave all non-essential items at home or in your car. This includes cell phones, purses, bags, water bottles, etc. Less is more. If you plan to write a check, please do so before you come in. I also have the option to use my touchless credit card reader or keep your card on file through square check out services. I will be waving all credit card fees at this time so, feel free to charge it!
Cleaning & Disinfection Process
Regular cleaning and disinfection practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment and tools. Cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas will be conducted between each client. A full cleaning of my office will be done daily after my last client. I will be cleaning with an CDC approved disinfecting solution.
I intend to be extremely transparent when communicating with my clients. If exposure to a person with COVID-19 occurs, you will all be notified immediately. However, due to HIPPA (privacy act), all client information will be held in strict confidence. This plan will be posted in my office if you have questions. I will put up signs to remind clients of masking, hand hygiene and social distancing expectations. I will also be creating an enhanced intake form and appointment reminders to communicate important messages. If you need to reach me, please call or text me at 507.664.9303 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not try to respond to my “ClinicSence” reminders as it does not send me messages.
Rachel Malecha, RN BAN BCTMB